No, you haven't been hacked: this isn't social media! 😅 A duplicate profile in FULL FABRIC is just the unfortunate result of the same person having two or more profiles because they registered (or were registered) with different email addresses.
Altogether this becomes a form of cyber clutter to drag down the portal with an overkill of unnecessary data and blindside staff into scattering data all over the place as teammates use one profile or another without consensus. 😩
So let's do some sweeping, shall we? 😈
How come people register or are registered with different email addresses?
Bearing in mind that it's not unusual for people to have more than one email address:
- People sometimes forget they already signed up once 🙆♂️
- People remember they signed up in the past, but forgot the details and don't care enough to recover them vs. just restarting from scratch 🤷🏽♀️
- The email address of the original profile is wrong 🤦
- People never even knew they had a profile, because they were imported, submitted a form, registered for an event or were added by staff (info here) 🙇🏻♀️
Whatever the case, the outcome is the same: people end up repeating the sign-up with a new email address, leading to duplicates.
The last point can actually happen any time, because if any of the aforesaid actions are carried out by use of an alternate email address, a new profile will automatically be created, since the email didn't yet exist in the system.
How to merge profiles
The solution to handle double profiles is to merge them, and this is achieved by electing one of the profiles as primary, transferring the data from the superseded profile(s) there, and then deleting the latter. That way, all of the information is centred in one single profile, e.g.: activity, exchanged email messages, tasks, etc.
The ability to merge profiles is restricted to FULL FABRIC's Support team, as it's a delicate task that requires background validation. As such, if you need profiles to be merged, just get in touch with us and we'll happily assist! 😃 This is what we need from you:
- Email addresses of the relevant profiles
- An indication of which profile should be set as primary
Please note that if one of the profiles already has a started or submitted application, that one should be picked as primary. Other than that, you're free to choose, although we recommend considering newer and active profiles as a rule of thumb.
PUBLISHED: January 8, 2019
LAST UPDATED: January 22, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.